Selected Topics in Process and Data Science
Chair of Process and Data Science
ECTS Credits: 4
Course Number: 18ss-63116
Lecture Language: Englisch
This seminar focuses on methods and approaches that lie on the interface between process science and data science. Process-centricity is combined with an array of data science techniques to analyze, reengineer, and/or support discrete processes in a data-driven manner. The upcoming seminar will focus on process mining challenges that arise when event logs and processes get larger. The abundance of event data enables a range of data science techniques. However, the volume, speed, and variety of data create new challenges when it comes to process discovery, conformance checking, and performance analysis. The goal is to get a deeper understanding of the applicability and characteristics of process mining techniques when datasets get larger and more complex.
The students who are interested in participating the seminar need to send an email to email@example.com until Tuesday, April 24, 2018 with the subject [Seminar] and deliver the following information in the email:
1. Name, Surname
2. Matr. number
3. Bachelor or Master student?
4. Which study are you enrolled in?
5. Email address
6. Comment for your registration. This field is important, since it delivers the information required for the choice of students. Please give details about your background, all grades of the achieved exams, seminars, practical labs, and theses, if already completed.
7. Already completed a seminar successfully?
8. Already resigned a seminar? Please note that only the students who will participate in the seminar will be contacted later on.