Die Process and Data Science Gruppe (PADS) sucht kontinuierlich nach talentierten neuen Mitarbeitern, die an der Schnittstelle von Data Science und Process Science arbeiten möchten. Es gibt einen kontinuierlichen Strom von offenen Stellen auf allen Ebenen (PhD, Postdoc, Software Engineer, etc.). Wir begrüßen offene Bewerbungen, die an firstname.lastname@example.org gesendet werden.
Wenn Sie sich bewerben, geben Sie bitte relevante Informationen an und begründen Sie, warum Sie zu unserer Forschung im Bereich Process Mining beitragen können. Generische Bewerbungen werden aussortiert. Zeigen Sie, dass Sie wissen, was die Gruppe tut und was Sie zum Stand der Technik im Process Mining beitragen wollen.
Research Assistants - Doctoral Researcher (PhD)
As a PhD, you will be able to do research in an area with many open scientific challenges. You will have a limited teaching task and supervise Bachelor and Master students. In a four-year period you will get ample time to do cutting-edge research and present your work at the leading conferences in the field. You will be working in a strong and focused research group where you will get the required support and feedback. After doing a PhD in PADS you can choose whether you want to pursue a career in industry or academia. The reason is that process mining provides challenging research problems, and, at the same time, there is a huge demand for experts working on the interface of processes and data.
- A Master degree in computer science or data science (or a neighboring discipline like operations research, electrical engineering, and statistics).
- You have excellent language skills (English) and eager to present your ideas.
- You are able to develop research prototypes (e.g., in Java or Python) in order to conduct large-scale experiments.
- You value precision, i.e., you are eager to present and test your ideas in a rigorous manner.
- You know about process mining (e.g., read the process mining book or took the Coursera MOOC "Process Mining: Data science in Action").
- You have a genuine interest and/or experience in data science, process science, process mining, machine learning, process management, and/or operations research.
Research Associates - Postdoc (PD)
As a postdoc, you have to opportunity to develop your own research line. You will (co-)lead research projects, develop new proposals, guide doctoral students, and publish your research results in the leading international conferences and journals. You will have the opportunity to work in one of the leading groups in computer and data science. You can tap into a large network of strong research groups and collaborating organizations. Working in the PADS group will help to jumpstart an academic career leading to a professorship in process science or data science.
- A Master and doctorate degree in computer science or data science (or a neighboring discipline like operations research, electrical engineering, and statistics).
- You have presented your work at international conferences (BPM, ICPM, CAiSE, ER, etc.) and/or published in relevant journals.
- You have excellent language skills (English) and willing to learn German.
- You have experience in supervising Bachelor and Master students.
- You have a proven track record in one or more of the following disciplines: data science, process science, process mining, machine learning, process management, and/or operations research.
- You have worked on process mining or closely related topics (e.g., read the process mining book or took the Coursera MOOC "Process Mining: Data science in Action").
Software Engineers (SE)
As a software engineer, you will drive the development and implementation of cutting-edge process mining solutions. Most of the software you will develop will be open-source and directly based on the innovative research done in the PADS group. You will have the opportunity to do a PhD, but this is not mandatory and depends on your interests and development. We closely work with other organizations, e.g., with Fraunhofer FIT on PM4Py, with TU/e on ProM, and with other groups in the RWTH Internet of Production (IoP) and the RWTH AI Center. We have excellent computing facilities and work on making our software scalable and usable by many. You will also get the opportunity to co-supervise Bachelor and Master students and work on projects involving other organizations.
- A Master in computer science (or a Bachelor with extensive practical experience).
- Knowledge of service-oriented architectures and modern computing infrastructures (e.g. Apache Big Data Stack, Hadoop, Spark, Cloudera / Hortonworks).
- You are able to express yourself clearly and have good analytical skills.
- A genuine interest in process mining, data science, process management, machine learning, etc.
- Experience with commercial ERP systems (SAP, etc.), process mining software (Celonis, etc.), and (robotic) process automation (UiPath, etc.) is valued.
All positions are in principle full-time, but there is the possibility to work part-time. Salaries are based on the German public service salary scale (TV-L), taking into account your work experience. RWTH is an equal opportunities employer. We, therefore, welcome and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates, particularly from groups that are currently underrepresented.
Frau Natasa Marcanova
Tel.: +49 (0) 241 8021902